Porting man-db to Hurd

While the man command works, the mandb command locks up my machine or
perhaps just the screen through an error of some kind.

I am unclear how best to proceed in getting it going.  Any ideas?
I've copied Colin Watson on this who is the package maintainer.  I don't
have enough info to actually file a bug yet.

-- Grant Bowman                                <grantbow@grantbow.com>

Script done on Tue Apr 30 23:52:46 2002

hurd:~ # /usr/lib/man-db/mandb
Purgin old database entries in /usr/man...
mandb: can't update index cache /var/cache/man/fsstnd/index.bt: no such file or directory
Processing manual pages under /usr/man...
fopen: No such file or directory

[machine freeze-up]