Re: installing baseHurd over the network

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 06:18:32PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> > The PC is a 486/66 with 12MB RAM, 2GB HD, floppy but no CDROM.
>
> The Hurd likes swap, with so little RAM you should realy give it a lot.
> Since partition sizes are limited to ~1 GB, setting the rest for swap
> might be a good idea.

The Hurd might need some swap, but it doesn't need ~1 GB! You should
not have a lot more swap than twice the amount of ram anyhow. I doubt
you can do anything useful with the Hurd on this machine anyhow, the
Hurd isn't optimized.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org