Re: status of ppp or pthreads?

On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 08:50:09AM -0700, James Morrison wrote:
>  I'm wondering if ppp is in a usable enough state that I would be
> able
> to use irc or icq with it?

PPP is not usable as it is pushes select() hard which afaik is very broken. I
cannot eve apt-get anything nor do an ls after telnetting in anywhere.

Dan
--
Daniel E Baumann      danielb@freedevelopers.net

***Free Dmitry Sklyarov! Boycott Adobe! Repeal DMCA!***

And if cynics ridicule freedom, ridicule community...if ``hard nosed
realists'' say that profit is the only ideal...just ignore them, and use
copyleft all the same.
      -- RMS