Re: Xgalaga

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 03:57:58AM +0200, Dios Del Tiempo wrote:
> Hello!      =)
>
> I just ported sucessfully xgalaga; the problem is that there is no sound server
> for GNU/Hurd (I guess there is no sound support for Hurd at all), and because
> that make fails to install it. The solution I did to build package was to
> comment the line that installs sound server; I'll change it for a simple if
> that checks if there is a sound server defined to install it, and send patch
> later.

This should work, but I wonder if the Makefile should be a bit smarter,
as you already know when configuring if a sound server willbe built or not.
You can probably leave this to the upstream maintainer.

The other solution would be either to port nas and use that on the Hurd
instead of a native driver, or to port xgalaga to the esd.  We do have esd on
the Hurd.

> Xgalaga works fine but without sound; if somebody wants to play some time in
> Hurd, the package is in:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/cronos1_mx/hurd/packages/games/
>
> P.D.: packages are gzipped because I can't put files with .deb extensions in
> Geocities. Somebody knows where I can have .deb files for free?

I can add you to the Hurd project at sourceforge.  Create a sourceforge
account and let me know what your account name is.