Re: Italian Keyboard

On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 07:54:57PM +0200, Marco Parrone wrote:

> the url is ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/contrib/marcus/keymap.tar.gz

BTW, I wrote this a long time ago.  It would make much sense for someone
to rewrite it in C, make it more portable with the linux data files
(not sure if kbd or consoletools), and package it properly for Debian.

The proper fix is to have keymap supports in the colortext translator,
which we are not using yet, though (I just mention it so if you want to
do a proper fix, you need to get that working, and that you don't
put too much work in the above work around).

Then there is the issue of console fonts.  I don't know if gnumach provides
an interface to change them, or if this is done by VGA programming or whatever.
Maybe someone can ivestigate this.

Well, at least umlauts and keymappings work in X.

Thanks,
Marcus