Re: F3 CDs - final stages

Philip Charles <philipc@copyleft.co.nz> writes:

> The Turtle has not beaten me!  Still at two CDs, but this has meant that I
> have had to work at the Exclusion list.

Well, you're cheating now ... There are some packages on your list
that are certainly useless, but others are more of the "extra"
variety. Specifically:

* are KDE and Gnome really not worthless? I dimly remember Marcus
  stating that Gnome worked in principle.

* kernel-source-* may actually be useful for people that want to snarf
  current Linux drivers to put them into Mach.

* "Linux" documentation is often not that Linux specific. I'd wager
  that half of the HOWTOs apply to all GNU systems (if not all
  Unices). Similar for lg-*. foo-doc packages where foo does not yet
  exist should be excepted, of course.

* alien may have some use converting arch-independent rpms, for
  example.

Sure, the benefit is certainly not big for these, but not exactly
zero, either. It depends on the cost involved in producing another CD,
which I'm total oblivious of...

--
Robbe