Re: New CD set (was: Exim)

Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net> writes:

> I want us in testing for two reasons:
>
> 1) Visibility
> 2) So we have a noose around various maintainers necks if they break
> their packages.
>
> But we need to be compiling 90%+ of the packages succesfully to do
> this.  Without pthreads, and without some arch: proposal to add
> linux-all, linux-any, we've got a ways to go.

We could use testing anyway, but without participating in the
architecture set over which a package has to be in sync. It's also no
showstopper when a package is not-yet-compiled on m68k, because that
autobuilder is slow.

OTOH, that would pretty much kill your two reasons.

OTTH, we'd still get the benefit of a bit more leeway to discover
problems. Had I filed a grave bug on e2fsprogs in time, the version in
testing would still be as before. Right now we only have the
semi-broken version from unstable. (I hope this paragraph makes some
sense, it's getting late.)

--
Robbe