Re: Another package ported

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 04:44:53PM -0400, Roland McGrath wrote:

> I think that is reasonable.  The was no POSIX standard specifying
> gethostname at the time the original decision was made.

Would this be in sysdeps/mach/hurd/sys/param.h?  It seems what info libc
suggests.

     On some systems, there is a symbol for the maximum possible host
     name length: `MAXHOSTNAMELEN'.  It is defined in `sys/param.h'.
     But you can't count on this to exist, so it is cleaner to handle
     failure and try again.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de