Re: Lynx compiling

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 08:35:23PM -0700, James Morrison wrote:

>   Hurray, I have found a way to fix lynx.  If lynx is compiled
> with -DUSE_PRETTYSRC lynx responds to keyboard commands when
> it is loading a page.  I think the best way for this to work
> is to use a check in autoconf so USE_PRETTYSRC will be defined
> when compiling on HURD.

Can you give more info about this option?  Is it enabled when compiling
the Debian package under Linux? If not, why does it make that difference?
If yes, why isn't it enabled when under Hurd?

>   Epic4 compiles and seems to run fine on HURD so long as
>
> the lines #ifndef MAXPATHLEN
>            #define MAXPATHLEN PATHSIZE
>
> are changed to #define MAXPATHLEN 1024 or something stupidly large
> for no apparent reason.

Well, there is always a way to fix it properly by managing arbitrary path
names.  If you can work out such a patch, that is always preferable, because
the kludge above will make it break when you use epic with longer filenames,
which the Hurd supports.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de