Re: More glibc

On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 11:28:56AM -0700, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> Weird - If I run the cross build using:
>
> dpkg-buildpackage -B -rfakeroot -ahurd-i386 "-mJeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net>"

I don't know how your cross compilation setup is.  The glibc cross build
requries to use the native dpkg-buildpackage, not the one from dpkg-cross if
you have it.  (So try to use dpkg-buildpackage.orig).

> I get a failure on Makerules line 50 "missing seperator".

This is because dpkg-cross's dpkg-buildpackage exports the -e flag.

> If,
> however, I run the commands manually (As they are displayed by
> dpkg-buildpackage) or simply running 'make' it appears to run fine.

This is because dpkg-cross does a lot of dubious things.  It needs to do
them to get some more packages to cross compile.  It would be better to make
those packages more cross compilable without such hacks, though.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de