Re: /X11R6/lib

Quoth Marcus Brinkmann:

> Right. Same for /usr/X11R6/man and /usr/X11R6/include. It should be easy.

<X11/whatever.h> is actually a bit of a different reason.  There would
be no problem having .h files with the same names here, just like
<time.h> and <sys/time.h>.

Anyway I think we can conclude that all _should_ be fine and dandy, but
I won't believe it until I actually see it.  (I think I'll have to leave
work early today...)

> IMHO, the LSB/FHS people should quiver in their boots because of the
> whole /usr/X11R6 excemption.  We are just correcting some historical bugs
> here.

Agreed.  Separate subtrees are nice if you use make install and rm -Rf
as your packaging system, but really just a bit silly when we have dpkg
and rpm.

> When we have some experience with it, I will try to build some Debian X
> packages with prefix "" (thanks, Roland) and a few symlinks corrected.
> Branden is also interested in this, so we might as well do some leg work.
> It would really be cleaner for us this way.

Would Branden actually consider something to the effects of a
/usr/X11R6 -> . symlink?

Oystein
--
settrans / /hurd/crash