Re: Hurd F1 ISO and booting

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 01:43:28PM +0200, Andreas L. Gustafsson wrote:
> > Huh!? Is there two different kernels available? I think Uhurd has a big
> > documentation problme. This ought to be mentioned on some webpage.
> >
> > What is diffrent? Which one do I need for what functionality. Which one is
> > the Debian/Hurd distro building on? (both? why?)
>
> If you don't know already about oskit-mach, you don't need it.

OK, I'll try to forget it then?

> > F1 F2 E1? Where do I find these ISO images? I can't find any links to it
> > from the Debian/Hurd ports page. There are just a link telling about it's
> > in "active development". Time to update the webpage, someone?
> >
> > It's not a good way to spread the word if you have to search the archiove
> > of this list to find such info.
>
> There is a hurd-cd page in the Debian GNU/Hurd ports area of the web site.
> Please point us to the exact paragraph you found confusing, and we can fix
> that to link to that new page.

After getting the link mailed me I now see I must have been blind not to
find it earlier. But, considering that there's first a row of buttons,
blue on red, and then another row of choices which are, almost but not
really, like them again I guess that caused my confusion.

If I should suggesta change, though, I think that under "How do I join?" a
link to the CD-pages would be a good place to duplicate
information. That's were I'd be looking first if I just scan the pages.

> We have to set priorities. Fixing web pages is of lower priority, but it is
> easy to do when bugs are reported. Whenever you notice a bug, please make a
> concise report. This would make a useful contribution.

I do understand that priority, and agree. I hope to get more used to the
Hurd and start to conbtribute in a more meaningful way soon.

/andreas