Re: Packages needing to be tested

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Neal H Walfield wrote:

> So, take a look and try to give one build:
>
> # apt-get source --compile package

Getting apps working with hurd is the main motivation for my installing
it, but I don't have a Net connection on my machine, so automatic
grabbing of sources or any packages using apt-get isn't a possibility.
Is there any chance that you could add to your script the ability to put
links to the source in the section pages.  This would enable me to do a
'wget -r http://walfield.org/hurd/need_compile/needs_compile_text.html',
for example and grab all of the tarballs for the packages in that
section, which can then be taken home and looked at.

Cheers,

Bob

--
Bob Ham:  node@users.sourceforge.net
IRC: 'node' on irc.openprojects.net: #slashdot  ICQ: 4396425 'node'

"The GNU philosophy is about freedom. To be free one must have
personal power. Personal power is an individual thing, difficult to
obtain and quick to perish." --Krisno Pryosusilo