Re: gnumach recompilation glitch

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 03:38:34PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 02:04:06AM -0500, Igor Khavkine wrote:
> > Expanding on that a bit. You need to get the gcc-i386-gnu and mig-i386-gnu
> > packages, as well as set up a few environment viraibles. I put them into
> > a file called cross-env.sh.
>
> You are getting the DEB_BUILD variables wrong:
>
> ulysses:/var/www/iso_cdromr# dpkg-architecture -ahurd-i386
> DEB_BUILD_ARCH=i386
> DEB_BUILD_GNU_CPU=i386
> DEB_BUILD_GNU_SYSTEM=linux
> DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE=i386-linux
> DEB_HOST_ARCH=hurd-i386
> DEB_HOST_GNU_CPU=i386
> DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM=gnu
> DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE=i386-gnu
>
> dpkg-buildpackage -ahurd-i386 will set them for you.
>
> Marcus

Thanks, I'll do that. Btw, I've noticed that during builds when the linking
stage comes I see lots of warnings about libc.so.6 conflicting with
libc.so.0.2. Doesn't gcc-i386-gnu-ld try to link with the Hurd libraries
instead of the linux ones?

Also, I've noticed that link tools ld, ldd, objdump don't work well well
with cross compiled binaries under Linux. I thought that since they are
ELF all these tools should still work just give error messages about missing
libraries.

Igor