Re: gconf / orbit rc

orbit allows one to use TCP to locate remote services, as opposed to
just a local socket. This is wonderful for NFS mounted home directories
with gconf. Gconf used to use this feature by saving the remote address
of the gconf instance in ~/.gconfd. That way all shared computers would
have the information to contact, remotely, the currently running gconf
instance. However, gconf has apparently moved this file into
/tmp/gconfd-$user. This has caused it to no longer function, since /tmp
is not shared. So, basically, Gconf has broken the TCP functionality of
Orbit. :)

--
Jerry Haltom <jhaltom@feedbackplusinc.com>
Feedback Plus, Inc.