Re: metacity-setup .debs

On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 09:51, Ian Wienand wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 08:46:41PM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> >
> > All these files aren't supposed to be in the diff:
> > +++ metacity-setup-0.6.1/intltool-extract
> > +++ metacity-setup-0.6.1/config.guess
> > +++ metacity-setup-0.6.1/intltool-update
> > +++ metacity-setup-0.6.1/config.sub
> > +++ metacity-setup-0.6.1/intltool-merge
>
> How do I stop these getting into the source?  config.guess &
> config.sub seem to be included as per /usr/src/automake-dev, which I
> can handle.  But I can't figure out how to stop intltool-* getting
> packaged in.

Err.  Wait.  config.{guess,sub} SHOULD be included in the .orig.tar.gz.
They're part of the upstream build system.  I don't know about intltool,
but I assume it's similar.

Are you adding them as part of your build process?  If so, why?  If
they're not part of the upstream distribution, then they're likely not
needed.

Ah, wait; I have a guess: are you building this package straight from a
CVS checkout, and the upstream uses an autogen.sh style script to
generate the autotools?  In that case, hopefully upstream supplies a
'make dist' makefile target, which you can use to make a tarball that
includes all the autotools, so you don't have to include them in your
Debian diff.