Re: libgcc-compat for arm, ia64, m68k, and s390

Hi,
On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 08:42:25AM +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
[..snip..]
>     	  It's interesting that when Jakub Jelinek sent this patch,
>     	  but Ulrich Drepper added it as GLIBC_2.2 without tests.  All
>     	  our patch was as GLIBC_2.0 symbols, but I follow Uli's
>     	  decision.
I think there wasn't a glibc 2.0 for ia64. So this makes sense.

>     __clear_cache	(libgcc2):
[..snip..]
> 	Only libgnostep-gui needs it.  However, until we really need
> 	this symbol, it should not be applied.  After my build, I
> 	judge it.
Think that's a good canditate for manual testing. If the upgrade works
everything's fine and there's no need to add the symbol. Maybe we should
cc: the interesting parts of this discussion to the list of the involved
ports.
Regards,
 -- Guido