Re: CNAME and powerdns

On Sunday 14 March 2010 16:30:14 Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> How do you get ldapvi to work with TLS in Debian Edu/Lenny?  I've
> tried and failed so far.  Please document this in the release manual.

To be honest I don't, I still run a Lenny-test from few month back, however, I
use an option '--ldap-conf' that makes ldapvi read the ldap.config and that
sorts out the connection:

tjener:~# ldapvi --ldap-conf -ZD '(cn=admin)'

Likely this would only work on main-server unless we distribute
etc/ldap/ldap.conf on other profiles which I don't think we do.

I'd be happy if others would confirm this option is still good and am glad to
learn there are alternatives (--tls allow) as Andreas wrote.

Odd.