how to use trunk for development in the close future

Hi,

as you might know, currently no commits to trunk should happen, as we are
about to release 5.0.4+edu1 in a few days and up to now, while some of us
thankfully started to develop for squeeze, we still kept all changes in trunk
suited for lenny as well, and thus trunk is currently used for the packages
aimed at +edu1.

I wonder if we should allow (though obviously discourage) lenny breaking
changes in trunk now and backport (on a case-by-case basis) important changes
to lenny in a to-be-created lenny branch for that package.

Does anyone plan to put work in a 5.0.x+edu2 release? I plan to continue
maintaining debian-edu-doc, but that doesn't need a full release, and I think
this is also true if we should decide to ship a new gnash version in our
lenny. Besides that, I can only imagine to create a 5.0.x+edu2 release to
base it on a newer kernel (from 5.0.x, not bpo or something similar) for
better hardware support or similar improvements to 5.0.x which require new
images.

What do you think?

cheers,
	Holger

P.S.: Maybe we should also have an irc meeting again... any takers to make
that happen? I'm happy to help/assist, but don't have time to push this
forward...