Updating the web pages (Was: Free and why it will last forever)

[Geert Stappers]
> We do tell people that is it Free Software, but we don't take time to
> educate them that it is Free as in Freedom of Speech.

Good point.

> What I like to see is that on http://www.skolelinux.org/portal/help/
> "Free help" is changed into "Community help"

I wish I could help you here, but I have no idea how to modify the web
pages on the skolelinux.org site.  I've tried several times, without
success so far.

Perhaps it is time to cancel the experiment using a publishing system
for skolelinux.org, and go with something simpler?  If I remember
correctly, someone decided to drop the CVS access system we had to
update the web pages to be able to

 - make it easier for non-technical people to contribute

 - make it easier to handle translations of the web pages.

Neither of these have been accomplished as far as I know.

The German team uses a wiki, <URL:http://www.skolelinux.de/wiki/>, and
we also have a wiki available from Debian,
<URL:http://wiki.debian.net/DebianEdu>.  Perhaps we should use a wiki
for skolelinux.org as well?

Personally, I want to be able to work offline on web pages, and
commit/upload them to the server when I get online, and I also want to
get an email with the diff of the documents whenever something is
changed on the web pages.  I would also like to be _able_ to update
the web pages.  Neither of these wishes are fulfilled on
skolelinux.org today.

Are there wikis around which work the way I want it to work?  Are
there wikis available making it easy to administrate and handle
translations?