Installing GNU/Linux on school computers

Hello All,

There are around 20 machines at my daughter's school (in Pune) and I have proposed the school install GNU/Linux on it. They have two initial requirements

1. Marathi Typing : Kakhaga keyboard and Indic support
2. Alternative to MS-Office : Off course Libre-office

I will be proposing Debian using Gnome and i3.
I am not sure if the machines are connected over the network/Internet or not but it would be a great help if you have any pointers for me.

Once the date is finalized I might be calling out volunteers to join the party.