Re: Requesting pre-approval of expenses for DebUtsav Kochi 2023

Hey Abhijith,

First of all thanks for coming to the conference. I hope you had a good time. :)

Sorry, I missed your mail. While I agree with you on having a booth kit with stickers and banners to save cost, I feel if we can afford to do so there is no harm in using stickers, flex, banners, etc that are custom designed for the event. I do see it as an opportunity for the local team to express their creativity and cultural identity and these things are also a good piece of nostalgia to look back to a few years down the line. These are all stupid arguments in the pragmatic sense but to me the cost is worth it.

Adding a link[0] to a picture of a 'pookalam' (a traditional form of flower arrangement in Kerala) the college kids who organized the event made at the venue.

[0]: https://cloud.disroot.org/s/9mGWrg76RLTfR75

Best,
Abraham