Re: An agenda going forward for Debian-IN

On 11/14/2014 01:46 PM, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> May be you are not clear about how debian works. Everyone has authority
> to choose what and how they contribute as long as they don't go beyond
> the limits set by the project. When someone feels limits are broken,
> there are ways defined by the project to resolve it, like CTTE, CoC, GR etc.

I would seriously refute that. Jaldhar is one of the oldest DDs in
general (Not by age (-: ).
Questioning whether he knows how Debian works is hilarious.
> Other than what is defined by the project, no DD or group of DDs have
> any authority over what other DDs do. I don't see Debian recognize
> something like Indian DDs as a decision making authority.
When you use the name "Debian", or anything close to its trademark, you
need to ensure that you honor by its rules. Are there "rules" clearly
defined ? Maybe no. But most of us have a fair sense of what it is.

A Debian event has to be about Debian. Not about Fedora, nor about what
new features Lennart and Fedora added into systemd.
You could use "SystemD and its current state in Debian" as a valid topic
for a Debian conference though.

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf
RESEARCHUT - http://www.researchut.com