Re: Suggestion to overlook funnel for MiniDebConf '14

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 6:08 PM, R.Harish Navnit <harishnavnit@gmail.com> wrote:
> That however is not the main issue IMHO, I recently met with Mr.
> Harshad Gune(I don't know if he's in this list) and he came up with the
> suggestion to overlook the funnel. A lot of you would know him as he's been
> organizing the GNUnify for the past 13 years. According to him, since we're
> organizing a MiniDebConf for the first time, we could overlook the funnel
> for the following reasons :

Wondering where did the Funnel idea came in the first place for
minidebconf, as far as I remember it NITC was using it for their
fossmeet  of which minidebconf was a part of , that was the reason it
was used and yes it was more useful for Foss Meet than minidebconf ,
It also did have an effect on students deciding which talk to go .. My
personal opinion is that it lead to a mess atleast for the minidebconf
side of the story.

Also do you so many speakers and talks for students to choose from ?
In a general Foss event I guess Yes !

Regards,
Pavithran