Suggestion to overlook funnel for MiniDebConf '14

Hello everyone,

As you'd know we plan to organize a MiniDebConf in Amrita University, Amritapuri, Kerala in the month of October this year[1].
We'd planned on creating a funnel for the same and honestly we've gotten nowhere. That however is not the main issue IMHO, I recently met with Mr. Harshad Gune(I don't know if he's in this list) and he came up with the suggestion to overlook the funnel. A lot of you would know him as he's been organizing the GNUnify for the past 13 years. According to him, since we're organizing a MiniDebConf for the first time, we could overlook the funnel for the following reasons :

For the reasons mentioned above, I think it might be a good idea to overlook creating a funnel for this edition of the MiniDebConf in Amrita University. I'd love to have had a funnel setup for the event(we could still setup one if required), but the whole process seems a bit time consuming.

Let me know what you think of the above mentioned at the earliest.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-dug-in/2014/06/msg00003.html

Warm Regards.

Thanking You,
R.Harish Navnit