Re: jessie, GNOME 3.8, gnome-fallback and systemd

On 22:41 Tue 22 Jan     , pavithran wrote:
> On 22 January 2013 22:15, Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You should be already know of big flame war which happened on d-d on
> > this topic and its already suggested to stop any further discussion on
> > that thread till Wheezy release is done and Jessie development starts.
> >
> > I suggest lets not do the same discussion here again about systemd and
> > other init systems.
>
> I disagree , since this is a debian users list , hope someone can
> explain in simple words and have a relatively simple discussion on the
> topic which could be comprehensible to users at large .

Sorry but what I wanted to tell is can we hold on to this discussion
till Wheezy is *released* and not don't discuss at all.

And frankly saying from user point of view systemd or SysV init doesn't
matter at all other than couple of seconds gain in boot time. Fedora 15+
already has systemd by default but I noticed that only when flamewar
began on d-d.

Saw if you ask me I don't see much of a difference this replacement does
to an normal end user.

--
Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info