Re: jessie, GNOME 3.8, gnome-fallback and systemd

On 21:06 Tue 22 Jan     , shirish शिरीष wrote:
> Hi all,
> Just a quick note - one of the maintainers of the GNOME ecosystem just
> published this blog post.
>
> http://np237.livejournal.com/33660.html
>
> Basically asking people to step up if they want GNOME  WITHOUT systemd
> in jessie otherwise systemd would be the default in jessie.

He didn't say systemd will be default in Jessie he only said they are
not working on getting Gnome to work without systemd.

Besides such big switch over requires a GR its not single person
decision.

You should be already know of big flame war which happened on d-d on
this topic and its already suggested to stop any further discussion on
that thread till Wheezy release is done and Jessie development starts.

I suggest lets not do the same discussion here again about systemd and
other init systems.

Just my 2 cents

--
Vasudev Kamath