Re: Mini-DebConf Mangalore, October, time for planning?

Quoting Ritesh Raj Sarraf (rrs@debian.org):

> There's been no talk about hosting a MiniDebConf in Bangalore? We have
> Deepak, Myself, Giridhar, Ramki and Ganesan here. On top of that you
> also have a pretty active Bangalore LUG. If you host it here, you will
> have a wider coverage.
>
> Most of the time, real life keeps contesting commitments.

The thread that followed reinforced the option of Mangaluru but I'd
just like to add to I really support the option of having the Miniconf
in *M*angaluru. For two reasons, mostly:

- never been there and it seems nice (Ocean's coast,etc.) while I've
been in Bengaluru

- there seem to be several enthusiasts ready to organize things and
there are probably less occasions to have a FOSS event there.

And, last but not least, the 350km between the two cities do not make
it impossible for Bengaluru people to come (though I have no idea
about the trasportation possibilities between the two cities).

PS: both cities seem quite well mapped on Openstreetmap, by the way..:)