translating documentation and putting it on the web server

Hello,

I'm one of the coordinator of the french translating effort for debian. We
are searching a better way to store the translated material (ie, .sgml) and
to expose to user the resulting document (ie, .html or .ps, or ...).

For now, we store the source in the webwml repository in
french/international/french/translations I was wondering if we could use the
debian-doc repository for that, and if yes, if my account works in this part
(I'm not a debian developper, but I can commit in the webwml module).

I was also wondering if it was possible to :
- offer other format in w.d.o/doc/ddp (besides html, ps seems to be
  another good choice)
- offer the translations from the same pages (using content negociation ?
  using more than one link ?)

Is it possible without too many pain ? Do we encounter disk space problems ?
Or other problems ?

How do the other teams handle the debian-doc module ?

Thanks, Mt.