Re: Firmware GR result - what happens next?

Am 02.10.22 um 20:14 schrieb Luca Boccassi:
On Sun, 2022-10-02 at 10:52 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

will
be very obvious.  But if you currently have non-free configured but
don't
add the new firmware section, everything will appear to work but you
won't
get new firmware, so the problem may go unnoticed.

In Bullseye we changed the name/syntax for the security repository, and
for that a mention in the release notes was enough, no? Isn't this a
very similar situation?

The main difference is, that the renaming caused an error message by apt, so you knew something needed to be fixed.

For this particular change, there will be no error. So yes, I have the same fear as Russ that this particular change might go unnoticed.

Regards,
Michael