Q. What is the best practice about +dfsg and +ds extension?

Hi,

I want to know about the best practice of +dfsg and +ds extension.
As far as I know, it is not well documented as a policy or devref.

In practical side of view, it seems that it varies on each maintainer.
Most well formalized document is "Choose a repack suffix" [2],
addtionally, mentors.d.n FAQ [2] introduces repack count too.

It seems that it was filed [3] already, but not resolved yet.

I've checked udd information for sid, here is the result of the numbers of
+dfsg is used packages. The vast majority is +dfsg-1 style.

A. +dfsg-1 1461 (no repack count)
B. +dfsgN-1 400 (use N repack count)
C. +dfsg.N-1 57 (use .N repack count)

It seems that it should be +dsfg-1, but is repack count (B. or C.)
still recommended way to be contained?
If so, which style is recommended (B. +dfsgN-1 or C. +dfsg.N-1 style)?
I'm not sure whether there is a consensus about this topic.

* [1] Choose a repack suffix
  https://wiki.debian.org/Javascript/Repacking#A1._Choose_a_repack_suffix
* [2] What does “dfsg” or “ds” in the version string mean?
  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMentorsFaq#What_does_.2BIBw-dfsg.2BIB0_or_.2BIBw-ds.2BIB0_in_the_version_string_mean.3F
* [3] developers-reference: please explain deb/debian/ds suffixes in versions

In the past, related topic is discussed but it is not for the repack count.
* https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2010/03/msg00325.html
* https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2019/08/msg00108.html

Regards,

--