Re: Git Packaging: Native source formats

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 12:29:45AM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Now, you're talking about upstream using bzr or hg. These are the very
> few minority (and counting...). We may as well get rid of hg and bzr in
> Debian if it doesn't get fixed so it uses Python 3 only... (well, I
> guess someone will wake up and do the work, so this argument doesn't
> count...).

I appreciate that this is a side note from the point you're making, but
bzr was forked as brz ("breezy"); that fork supports Python 3 and is
compatible with existing bzr branches.  I expect we will indeed need to
remove bzr at some point, but that shouldn't be a major problem for most
upstreams still using it.