Re: how can we help DSA save money

On 2013-07-21 08:09, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
The only realistic alternative to spending the money here would be if
some company donated the equivalent in hardware.  It's not really
possible to code ourselves out of this one.

Well, we could make snapshot store binary deltas. That would kill some redundancy in data to require less storage at the expense of more computing power needed to reconstruct the file to be delivered to the user (and more computing power to store packages in it). Just sayin', not suggesting that we should do that.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern