Re: PulseAudio

Le mercredi 17 juillet 2013 à 12:26 -0700, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> I wonder what systemd integration problems will be handwaved as "somebody
> else's problem", the way the kernel audio driver issues were for PA.

Frankly, I don’t see this coming at all. Systemd has been deployed on a
large number of systems, and I don’t see people screaming everywhere
that something doesn’t work. This is very unlike what happened in the
early days of PulseAudio.

The two pieces of software are very different in scope and approaches,
and I don’t see anything in systemd that could suddenly crash and burn
because of an imperfect driver or a dubious daemon. I have more concerns
about the kernel/udev interface, which is somehow systemd-related, but
which will bite everyone.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :