Re: PulseAudio

On 17-07-13 10:24, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> PA also has excellent support on their IRC channels. I have been
> able to solve any problem I had with it so far and in all
> cases it turned out to be a user error.

So have I, with alsa. Mainly because I've never had any problem with
alsa beyond "my hardware is shiny new and the driver hasn't been written
yet". Okay, and there was also this one time where I wanted to figure
out how you enable analog 5.1 surround sound. I've never been able to do
that with PulseAudio, mind you.

PulseAudio piles another layer of possible failures on top of a kernel
driver, and hides most of the audio mixer for no particularly good
reason other than "it might confuse the poor user". It just doesn't make
any sense to me.

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/