Re: Survey answers part 3: systemd is not portable and what this means for our ports

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> writes:

> On 07/18/2013 09:15 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>>
>> http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Talk:Comparison_of_init_systems
>
>> "friendly upstream 	yes 	no 	NO 	YES"
>
> Really? You put something like this in a technical comparison chart?

A friendly upstream *is* important in a comparsion chart. Working with
an unfriendly, or even hostile upstream is not something you want to
have in a core component of an operating system.

(Though, the table is obviously biased, and in my experience, highly
incorrect, but such is the nature of most comparsions)