Re: Survey answers part 3: systemd is not portable and what this means for our ports

On 07/16/2013 04:30 PM, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> writes:
>
>> If OpenRC goes up to the shape I expect, it will have a huge advantage
>> over systemd and Upstart: it will not be controversial,
>
> If it would not be controversial, we wouldn't have this conversation
> about whether it is worth it at all. Just saying.

What I was saying was that the upgrade to sysv-rc to OpenRC should be an
improvement, and that's it. Nothing should break in the process, and
nothing else than the init process will be affected. While with systemd
lots of components are affected, and with both Upstart and Systemd,
non-Linux wont be supported. That's why I was saying it would be a less
controversial choice.

However, I denied that there's a big controversy going on on this list! :)

Thomas