Re: Reporting 1.2K crashes

Hi Alexandre,

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 10:28:15AM -0400, Alexandre Rebert wrote:
> I agree with you that it would have been best to contact upstream
> developers instead of package maintainers. I couldn't find a tool
> listing upstream developers for a given package however, and that's
> why we contacted package maintainers instead.

while I perfectly understand that it would be really hard to create
automated test and find out upstream addresses automatically your
chances might be not bad at some percentage of packages that might have
implemented DEP5[1] and so you could have the chance to drain a contact
e-Mail from Upstream-Contact field.

I do not think that you should try to implement this immediately but
from a Debian Maintainers point of view we now could present a case
where it makes perfectly sense to use DEP5 formated copyright files and
if we try to do this more strictly future tests could profit from it.

Kind regards and thanks for your work to enhance the quality of
Debian packaged software

      Andreas.

[1] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/

--