Re: vision: easily move all my data and config to a new machine

Quoting Thomas Koch (2013-06-23 21:17:50)
> Nice to see the first replies coming in. I see that I should have
> clarified:
>
> - I'm thinking about a scenario where I still switch between machines.
> So a one time copy of the full hard disc will not do it.
>
> - The two machines might be different: a desktop at home, a laptop and
> a small netbook. I still want to have my data synced and a similar
> work environment on all machines. But it does not make sense to
> install exactly the same packages on all machines.

Yes, I recognized that instantly in your first mail: I have a similar
interest, have picked some of the same tools as you but haven't reached
as far with my own work yet.

I would love to meet at debconf to compare ideas more detailed.

Will you be at Debcamp?

 - Jonas