Re: vision: easily move all my data and config to a new machine

Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> writes:
> I'm currently switching my laptop (again) and I have the following vision:
> The Debian system should provide tools to make it possible to switch over from
> one machine to another in a matter of minutes without leaving any data,
> configuration or customization of the old machine behind.

What's wrong with rsync && rm -rf?

I mean this as a serious question. It seems you want to get as close to
a 1:1 replication as possible, yet do not want a true clone either. So
before thinking about possible solutions, it might be helpful to first
define the problem more precisely.

Best,

   -Nikolaus