Re: Aw: KickStarter for Debian packages - crowdfunding/donations for development

On 06/14/2013 06:51 AM, "Steffen Möller" wrote:
> I am less critical about it - it just should remain outside Debian.

I don't quite understand what you mean by "outside Debian"?

> We would gain a deb-store, I presume.

I also don't understand what you mean by "deb-store".

> The ties should be more with the respective program's developers than
> with us the Debian community. After all, the money would flow because
> of the functionality, not because of the availability for the
> disitribution.

I agree with you about functionality, but isn't part of that
functionality provided by ensuring that the software is packaged nicely,
tested thoroughly, and maintained? That certainly adds value, doesn't it?

> Any particular support from the Debian community would be nice, but
> if the concept works, then this would not be required.

I don't understand what you mean by "this". What wouldn't be required,
support from the Debian community? If so, in what way?

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
http://blog.meritora.com/launch/