Re: x32 “half”arrived… now what?

Russ Allbery <rra <at> debian.org> writes:

> Be aware that x32 has sizeof(time_t) > sizeof(long), so you should expect

So has MirBSD/i386 (since 2004-06-19) and NetBSD (since roughly a year).

Most frequent thing is format specifiers when struct tm.tm_year is time_t
instead of long (which is a requirement for time_t to be able to round-trip
through struct tm, which is required by quite some software).

I did lose one of my PGP keys though – pgp-2.6.3in didn’t cope with the
change and had the binary keyring format differ (and I haven’t found the
floppy on which the backup was). Other than that, most things work.

@Philipp: true about the stability-before-inclusion statement, but if
I get x32 ldconfig run on an i386 system (not all of these run amd64
kernels anyway), things could use some polishing. The kernel thing…
I guess the option just needs to be enabled at some point, though x32
*is* on dpo already, and the other dpo architectures are also supported…
but the main “weird” thing right now is the presence of x32 stuff on a
pure i386 system.

bye,
//mirabilos