Re: realise diff-updates with dpkg

Ok here is the specific place:

I've got blacklists, some with over 1 million entries, so the .deb packages have a big size.

Debdelta doesn't function good, because so the whole list would be uninstalled and the new list installed. For all 2 million transactions this needs lots of time. And I think there's no reason for deleting 9,999 million entries to install them1 min later again.
There for I'd like to write the "patch" in DEBIAN/postinst of the update package (delete entry x y and z; add entry a b and c)