Re: realise diff-updates with dpkg

I'd like use this for Antivirus-Databases, Blacklists, etc. - Anything that supports many updates in short time for huge datasets.

The reason for this is, that:
1. Every update would produce much bandwith, because for every update the complete database has to be downloaded by aptitude.
2. On every update the complete database would be updated by the maintainer scripts in DEBIAN/postinst and not only the affected data.

"My Version" would only handle the update:
-> low bandwith
-> less affected data to be updated

Alex