Re: Ruby community and Debian

Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel <at> zugschlus.de> writes:

> In my past experience it is the usual case where and upstream and/or
> its community takes at as a personal offense when a user is not using
> the latest and greatest software version[1] and does not understand

I think the Ruby case involved more:

“What, you’re not running version x of the dependency y but a newer
one? Ignore the fact that version x is vulnerable, because that’s
the one you *must* be using for my code! Ah, and no, the dependency
of package z of version x+1 of package y is not a problem, because
with out cool package manager you can install them in parallel!”

(Somewhat remembering and paraphrasing what I read on the Planet.)

bye,
//mirabilos