Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Intel/AMD x86 CPU microcode update system in non-free

On 06/11/12 17:05, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> Still, it did lead me to a possible cause:  I am not trying to modprobe
> "microcode" in the intel-microcode postinst.  This can indeed cause the
> failure to update microcode at package install time.
>
> I forget why I didn't do it that way in the first place, but that's easily
> fixed.  Please file a bug, severity minor.  I will check for any possible
> problems it might cause, and if I can't find any, I will fix it in unstable.

Same here.

Just installed intel-microcode and iucode-tool and it didn't worked
until I manually modprobed the microcode module.

Just wondering...

Perhaps you should add a file in /etc/modules.d/ to automatically load
the microcode module at start-up?

Thanks a lot for this! I didn't know about this packages, look great!