Re: major linux problems summary 2012

Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@wrar.name> writes:
> On Sat, Nov 03, 2012 at 02:37:34PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> At least with open source software, a third path (besides working
>> around the bug or switching to some other software) also exists: you
>> can help.  That's not always practical, but at least it's *possible*.

> Not all problems are things that can be fixed by applying a text editor.
> Some of them are social, some would require major overhauls of major
> ecosystem components, probably in ways that will be rejected by current
> developers.

Sure.

My point is that this sort of thread will, if anything, make such changes
*less* likely to happen by causing people to feel obstinate and dig in
their heels.  The chances of it accomplishing anything productive are
remote.

So, if your goal is to fix these things, what you're doing right now is
directly counter-productive and will probably make the situation worse.
(It could be that you have some other goal than fixing things, such as
expressing frustration, or warning other users away from Linux due to bugs
that you think are serious, or trying to recruit new developers to do
something different, but I think most of the other possible goals are
off-topic on debian-devel.)