Re: Vote result (was: Poll)

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 08:46:42AM -0400, David Prévot wrote:
> I suggest that next time you want to discuss relationship of the
> packaging-dev package, especially if you don't intend to follow most
> people advices or vote, you just skip debian-devel from the discussion.

I think the approach has its merits. This was and is a choice fully
within the realm of maintainer decisions. Seeking feedback is just a way
for the maintainer to make an informed decision. The poll idea is also
useful because, albeit not necessarily statistically meaningful, allows
to gather feedback from people who wouldn't throw an extra mail in a
thread to say +1/-1. Also, the discussion was properly tagged on -devel
and as such pretty easy to ignore for those who are not interested.

AFAICT, at least from a part of his decision, Benjamin has profited from
the received feedback. If you disagree with Benjamin's interpretation of
user feedback from the other part of the decision, that could be surely
discussed with him. But it doesn't seem to me a good reason to give up,
or discourage, the approach altogether.

Just my 0.02€,
Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .