Re: why do people introduce stup^Wstrange changes to quilt 3.0 format

Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@err.no> writes:

> Pushing a signed tag and having source packages and binaries built from
> that doesn't rely on 3.0 (git), though.  «Just» a repository somewhere
> with hooks that go «oh, a signed tag, let me build a source package and
> upload that».  Might fire it off as a job to a separate process so
> pushing to big repos doesn't take a winter and a day, but that's really
> an implementation detail.

Good point.

If I were to pick between the enhancements to Debian in this area, none of
which I have time to work on and therefore can't vote on via
implementation, I'd be way more interested in avoiding the entire source
package upload process entirely and be able to just push signed Git tags
to a trusted host that stores Git repositories for our packages.  Even if
those repositories were only accessible to Debian maintainers because
they're not license-reviewed.