Re: /usr/share/doc/ files and gzip/xz/no compression

I demand that Adam Borowski may or may not have written...

[snip]
> There's a patch in #572228 (and at least one fool just wrote a duplicate
> before checking for existing ones), but the patch is rotting in the BTS.

I'd forgotten that I'd written that patch. It's still sufficiently cleanly
applicable, at least, and still seems to do the job.

It's worth mentioning that man-db has had xz support since March last year
(upstream). This is available in testing.

--
| Darren Salt  | linux or ds at  | nr. Ashington, |  _  ASCII ribbon
| using Debian | youmustbejoking | Northumberland | ( ) campaign against
| GNU/Linux    | ,demon,co,uk    |                |  X  HTML e-mail
                                                    / \ www.asciiribbon.org
Never replicate a successful experiment.